Economists / Policy Advisors, Brisbane & Hobart
Deloitte Access Economics: Economists / Policy Advisors, Brisbane & Hobart
Deloitte Access Economics is Australia's largest team of private sector economists. We offer a suite of economic and policy advisory services to clients across government and the private sector, and we pride ourselves on bringing the highest level of rigour and creativity to the social policy challenges our nation faces.
ROLE 1: DAE Economists / Policy Advisors in Hobart (1 x Analyst, Manager & Director)
As part of the ongoing growth and success of our business, DAE is establishing a permanent, full-time presence in Hobart and looking to hire two to three experienced Economists/Policy Advisers. This reflects both an increasing confidence in the Tasmanian economy and a recognition that while DAE already undertakes a range of work in Tasmania, we can better serve our clients with a permanent on-the-ground presence.
Your role will involve quantitative and qualitative analysis of economic and social policy issues, communication of findings in reports and presentations to clients. You will participate in and lead small project teams.
We are looking for individuals with experience as a professional economist or policy adviser, coupled with a passion for economic policy and the application of economic theory to real world issues.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- A degree in Economics with strong academic results;
- At least 4 years’ experience in other consulting or specialist economic firms;
- Experience in development of public policy, Cost Benefit Analysis, business cases, project evaluations, economic impact assessments, infrastructure and regulated industries (e.g. water, energy, ports);
- A network of contacts across the Tasmanian government and business sectors would be an advantage.
ROLE 2: DAE Health Economics & Social Policy in Brisbane (2 x Senior Analysts)
DAE’s national dedicated Health Economics & Social Policy practice, provides robust, reliable and respected advice to government, not-for-profit and commercial clients. Due to increasing demand and a sustained period of growth, an opportunity has arisen for two new Analysts and Senior Analysts to join the Health Economics & Social Policy team within our Brisbane office.
You will work on a range of exciting, thought-provoking and high-profile projects across sectors including health, aged care, disability and other social services. You will be challenged on:
- Applying a variety of analytical frameworks, models and techniques (e.g. program evaluation, funding model analysis, policy analysis, cost-benefit analysis, demand and supply modelling, economic and social impact assessments etc.)
- Drafting and communicating findings in reports and compelling presentations to influence key decision makers in government, the not-for-profit sector and commercial organisations
- Advancing your skills in and experience in health and social services, economics and public policy alongside some of the best practitioners in Australia.
You will be a motivated, energetic individual with a passion to make an impact in the health and social services sector. Specifically, you will have:
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in the health and social services sector, as an economist, researcher, policy analyst/advisor, or in a related role;
- Strong academic results in economics, public policy, psychology, research or health-related degree is viewed as essential;
- Previous experience in other consulting firms, the university sector or health and social service industry would be an advantage;
- Previous experience or a demonstrated understanding and interest in the Australian health system, social policy or social service delivery including Indigenous affairs and community services, (e.g. justice, disability services, housing and homelessness, domestic and family violence);
- Experience in research and analysis including survey design, sampling techniques, and RCT and quasi-experimental designs; and the use of tools such as MS-Excel, stata, R, Nvivo, Mapinfo, or Tableau to present findings using data visualisation e.g infographics, GIS mapping;
- Interest in any of the following fields: applied econometrics, behavioural economics, health economics, social policy, or experimental economics;
- Most importantly, you must have a desire to learn and work with a team of like-minded experts.
We would encourage practicing clinicians and individuals with a clinical/client facing background and project management experience to apply.
To apply, please follow the below links and submit your resume with a copy of your academic transcript:
- Hobart roles: https://jobs2.deloitte.com/au/en/job/DELOA004X202806/Deloitte-Access-Economics-Economists-Policy-Advisers-Hobart
- Brisbane roles: https://jobs2.deloitte.com/au/en/job/DELOA004X211737/Deloitte-Access-Economics-Policy-Advisor-Economist-Health-Economics-Social-Policy
If you have specific questions regarding these opportunities, you can contact Juliette Jamoneau in the Talent Acquisition Team on 02 8260 4149.